New York has regained its position as the city of residence Most billionaires in the worldIt is home to 107 billionaires with a combined wealth of $640 billion.
Beijing, which used to occupy first place, declined, but the turmoil in Asian markets over the past year led to its fall to second place, according to the latest arrangement prepared by “Forbes” magazine, which collected data until the end of last March.
Chinese cities have lost 29 billionaires with an estimated wealth of $375.6 billion since last year.
Despite this, China still has more cities in the top 10 than any other country, while the US was the runner-up with New York City and San Francisco.
The Russian capital, Moscow, witnessed the largest decline, as it fell from fourth to seventh place, as about 34 Russians fell from the 2022 global billionaires list – about three-quarters of them live in Moscow.
Forbes estimated the wealth of billionaires living in Moscow at $214.9 billion, and this compares with the $420.6 billion wealth of the city’s billionaires just last year.
Regardless of the change in ranking, the top 10 remains largely the same, but only one city was included in the list, Seoul, the capital of South Korea, which replaced Hangzhou in 10th place.
The top 10 cities are home to a quarter of the 2,668 billionaires on this year’s list.
The order of the list is as follows:
1. New York – the United States, where 107 billionaires live, with a total wealth of $640.4 billion.
2. Beijing – China, home to 83 billionaires, with a total wealth of $310 billion.
3. Hong Kong, where 68 billionaires live, with a total wealth of $304.6 billion.
4. London – England, with 66 billionaires with a total wealth of $324.1 billion.
5. Shanghai – China, where 61 billionaires live, with a total wealth of $187 billion.
6. Shenzhen – China, with 59 billionaires with a total wealth of $286.6 billion.
7. Moscow – Russia, where 53 billionaires currently live, with a total wealth of $214.9 billion.
8. Mumbai – India with 51 billionaires with a total wealth of $301.3 billion.
9. San Francisco – the United States, home to 44 billionaires, with a total wealth of $160.8 billion.
10. Seoul – South Korea with 38 billionaires, with a total wealth of $108.3 billion.