Mossad reveals “some” details of the escape of an Israeli soldier who made an emergency landing in Iran

About a week after a civilian plane carrying an Israeli soldier made an emergency landing in Iran, after a medical problem experienced by one of the passengers, the Israeli authorities released “some” of the details of the “exciting” incident and how the soldier escaped from the “claws” of arrest and the failure of matters to develop A severe international crisis.

newspaper revealed Jerusalem PostBehind the scenes of the Israeli soldier’s escape from the Iranian authorities after five hours she spent on Iranian soil.

In statements to a local radio program, Israeli journalist Barak Ravid revealed the behavior of the female soldier and the steps taken by the Israeli army and “Mossad” agencies in the wake of the incident to get her out of Iran safely.

Spent a family vacation in Uzbekistan

The incident occurred when the 19-year-old soldier was on family leave in Uzbekistan, and was on her flight back to Israel.

The female soldier was supposed to take a flight to Israel, but as the flight passed over Iranian territory, a health emergency occurred for one of the passengers, forcing the crew to land in Iran.

“An emergency landing was needed, and the plane already landed at Shiraz airport in southern Iran,” Ravid said. Then he continued, “The female soldier realized that something disturbing was going to happen there.”

He added that she, with “a great deal of ploy,” withdrew her foreign passport in case she had to pass through border control offices while speaking only Russian.

Inform the right people

Ravid pointed out that the Israeli soldier then sent a text message to one of her relatives in Uzbekistan, asking him to “inform the appropriate people.”

“In turn, the person informed the army commanders, who informed the IDF’s high command, and from there to the prime minister’s office and the Mossad,” he said.

These accelerating events were taking place at a time when the government was meeting to ratify the Maritime border demarcation agreement with Lebanon American mediated.

“Mossad officials called her and told her not to identify herself as Israeli, and so she acted while trying not to draw attention to herself,” Ravid said, detailing the government’s actions on the incident.

It took 5 hours

A few hours later, passengers were called back to the flight, signaling the beginning of the end of the crisis.

“It took five hours, maybe a little more,” Ravid said, before continuing, “and in the end, the flight took off to Dubai and from there to Israel. Everything ended well,” Ravid adds.

According to the same journalist, the whole event took place under the watchful eye of the Israeli army, and even after the case became public, “there are still secret details,” Ravid asserts.

He continued, “I am generally against censorship, but it required that, they waited some time before the incident was published, in order to protect some of the people who participated.”

Possible international crisis

Ravid also pointed out that this incident could have caused a severe crisis.

Other than the fact that she was most likely to be held hostage, her case would have created an international political and security crisis.

He explained that there is nothing to prevent soldiers from traveling over Iranian airspace in general, but according to what he told him, “this issue will take time to resolve, perhaps for years.”

The journalist also drew attention to the current international situation, where Iran is helping Russia in its war on Ukraine, while the chances of saving the nuclear agreement have become slim, and all of this would have served a worse scenario for the Israeli soldier in Iran, according to his estimation.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *