“Cheating and lying” .. 3 final episodes of the Harry and Megan documentaries pouring oil on the fire

The last three episodes of Documentary series of Prince Harry and his wife, MeganToday, Thursday, on the “Netflix” platform, with the expectation of more criticism of the British royal family.

In the first set of episodes, which were released last week, Harry and Megan once again launched fierce attacks on the media for their treatment of them, and said that some of them were racist, but the members of the royal family themselves relatively escaped criticism during those episodes.

Trailers for the new episodes include some of the sharpest comments about members of the royal family, with Harry suggesting “institutional fraud” and saying unspecified people were “okay at lying to protect my brother”, Prince William, who is now heir to the throne.

“They were never willing to tell the truth to protect us,” Harry says in those clips.

A promotional clip showed excerpts quoting Meghan’s lawyer, Jenny Avia, and a friend of hers talking about Buckingham Palace telling the press negative stories about the couple to avoid spreading unwanted stories about other royals.

“There was a real war against Megan,” Avia said, while the newspapers described the documentary series as the couple’s war on the royal family.

The “Duke and Duchess of Sussex”, which is the official title of Harry and Megan, stepped down from their royal duties in March 2020, saying they wanted to forge a new life in the United States away from media harassment, which the couple said threatened to destroy their psychological well-being.

“I wonder what would have happened to us if we hadn’t gotten out of there when we did… I said we needed to get out of here,” Harry said in the promotional clip for the new episodes, describing their exit as a “journey of freedom.”

hostile journalism

While the couple have won awards and plaudits in America across the Atlantic for their work in the fields of philanthropy and human rights, a hostile press in Britain accuses them of seeking to make millions from their royal status while constantly directing attacks on the monarchy itself.

Newspapers also quoted former aides and advisors to members of the royal family who rejected the couple’s narration in the documentary episodes, and said that what they narrated contained many inaccuracies.

Buckingham Palace and William’s office at Kensington Palace said they would not comment on documentary episodes.

A royal source also said that neither the palace nor representatives for William or other members of the royal family have been contacted for comment on the documentary series, contradicting a statement by Netflix, which said they declined to comment.

Million views

According to preliminary figures reported by the BBC, about 2.4 million viewers in Britain watched the first episode on the day of its launch. And royal sources told newspapers that the most prominent members of the royal family avoided the matter.

Hours after the release of the last three episodes, Charles, his wife Camilla, Prince William and his wife Kate, along with other members of the royal family, will attend a service at Westminster Abbey in London, “in appreciation of the sincere efforts of individuals, families and communities across the United Kingdom.”

The service will also be dedicated to the late Queen Elizabeth, whose funeral was held in the same church in September.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *